Cycourses are Web sites that replace lectures and textbooks. Cycourses:
- Use principles from learning research.
- Are about what students can do, not what they've memorized.
- Have lots of exercises. Practice, practice, practice.
- Have a great feedback system.
- Are easy to read, and well organized.
Instructors use Cycourses any way they want. One method is to flip courses. In a traditional course, students hear content in class (lectures), and do exercises at home:
In a flipped course, students do exercises in class, and read or watch content at home:
This gives the exercises priority. The instructor is available when students are doing exercises.